Most Popular Big Bear Mountain Bike Trails
Derek Hermon on Cougar Crest Trail
- Hanna Flats / Grays Peak hike/bike, not to me missed views and XC MTB descent
- Castle Rock Trail - best hiking trail!
- Pine Knot Trail to Grand View Point 3 miles singletrack, ridable each way
- Cabin 89 Singletrack hike or bike, excellent XC singletrack descent
- Cougar Crest Trail - 2 miles singletrack, out and back MTB ok! (2nd best hiking trail)
- Alpine Pedal Path - 3.5 miles paved
- Woodland Nature Trail - 1.5 miles
- Champion Lodgepole Pine
- Bluff Mesa Trail
- Wildhorse Meadow Trail - Part of Santa Ana River Trail Epic Day!
- Town Trail
- Gold Fever Trail 4x4 Tour
All of these trails are good for hiking.
Find more trails from drop down menu above!
Want to Paddleboard, Kayak or Canoe Big Bear Lake?
Don't miss our Big Bear Lake Paddle Guide!
Does the California Vehicle Code apply to Forest Roads?
All California Vehicle Code laws apply on Forest Service Roads. Vehicles must be properly licensed and equipped to operate on the road network. Non-Street legal vehicles are limited to the designated Off-Highway vehicle (OHV) routes. The Basic Speed Law applies to Forest Service Roads "No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property." Violations resulting in conviction are reported to the state department of motor vehicles "
quoted from FS.USDA.GOV