Big Bear's Best Hiking Trails
Derek Hermon on Cougar Crest Trail
In order of most popular
- Castle Rock Trail - a steep 1 mile hike to Sublime 260 view!
- Alpine Pedal Path - 3.5 miles paved trail next to Big Bear Lake
- Grout Bay / Hanna Flats / Gray's Peak - 3 miles each way, secluded trail with end of trail views!
- Pine Knot Trail to Grand View Point - 3 miles each way, San G. mountain range view at end!
- Cougar Crest Trail - 2+ miles singletrack w/Amazing views of BBL and Holcomb Valley.
- Woodland Nature Trail - 1.5 miles loop with self guided nature stops
- Best Hike from the Village to a Lakeview Panorama
- Champion Lodgepole Pine - must drive dirt road to trailhead - self guided nature trail
- Towne Trail - connects the Village to Snow Summit base area
- Gunsight AKA "Siberia Creek" - must drive dirt road to trailhead - 2 miles out and back
- *NEW SINGLETRACK* Skyline Trail (opened 2012)